Passionate about sustainability?
Wondering how you can be involved with House by Northwestern?
Join the team and follow the house to Denver this fall to compete in the Solar Decathlon! The Solar Decathlon is an international green design competition for university students. (video)
There are several spots left to join the team in Denver for the competition this fall, where you can:
- Learn first-hand what it takes to construct and operate a super high-performing house (article here about the team and house; other coverage of the team here).
- Show your Wildcat pride.
- Network with professionals in renewable energy, sustainability, construction, media & green design.
- Get to know HBN’s sponsors, including Schneider Electric, GAF, Power Construction, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture.
- Educate visitors about energy efficiency & sustainability (like, tens of thousands of visitors).
- See the other incredibly smart designs other teams have come up with.
What you need to know:
- Competition location: Denver, CO
- Time commitment:
- Competition prep. on-campus: Sept. 14-15, 2017 (mandatory)
- One or more of the competition teams:
- Assembly team: rebuilding the house for the competition; Sept. 22-Oct.3, 2017
- Contest & Public Exhibit team: operating the house during the competition; interacting with visitors; awards ceremony; Oct. 3-16, 2017
- Disassembly team: awards ceremony; taking the house apart for transport back to Evanston; day trip to Denver or local hiking/outdoor activities; Oct. 14-21, 2017
- Note that all teams will get to experience the Solar Decathlon exhibition
- Cost: $150 deposit plus some meals. We will cover the rest of your airfare, all lodging, and most meals. Financial aid is available.
- We can make this work with your academic schedule.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.